Monday, September 15, 2008

Post 3: My Writing Technologies

The writing tools I use on a regular basis are pretty standard; either a pen or pencil and paper or a computer. When taking notes or trying to actually learn something, I use pen and paper. For some reason, when I actually write information down, I retain more of it. I think that might be because it requires more thought to hand write than it does to type. There's just something about actually shaping the letters. If a piece of writing needs to be more lengthy, a computer is perfect. It allows me to get my thought out as quickly as possible and edit them with ease. Unfortunately, I hardly retain anything that I type.
I avoid using typewriters at all costs. I absolutely hate using them. If you make a mistake, it requires so much effort to fix it. I don't have time for all of that. I really hate fountain pens, too. My handwriting is not the neatest to begin with, but when I use a fountain pen, it looks even more messy than it usually does. I would even call it chicken scratch at that point. I also avoid any other writing technology that isn't really conventional. I don't use paint, human excrement, or any other weird things that people may write with.

No comments: