Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Post 9:Peer Review Recap 2

Both peer review processes were good, but for different reasons. The last one was a little bit more private. I don't like having my work put out there when it isn't finished. This was especially true of this assignment. The version of my paper on the Wiki is nothing like their version that I will actually be turning in.
People did seem to take time and actually read through the papers though. The feedback that I got was good. It always helps to have someone proofread your writing for you, which is essentially what happened. It was also nice to be able to view a plethora of other essays. It made it easier to decide how I wanted to attack the writing of my paper. The Wetpaint Wiki was kind of annoying at first, but once I understood how to use it, I actually liked it. I think its a good thing to do in a college setting, but for lower grades it might not be appropriate. (Kids can be cruel! No one needs to be embarrassed about their work.)

No comments: